Angler in Chief Lenny Rudow is selling his beloved Glacier Bay 22 – here are the specifics:
- 1997 hull, 2009 DF90 Suzuki outboards with 2000 hours (hour meters nonfunctional but can be read on tachs; previous hour estimate proved to be way off!)
- 2019 refit (most work done by Pasadena Boatworks) incl. new pumps, electrical system, switches and panels, fuel lines, hydraulic steering, rubrail, autopilot. Cushions/hatches/Porta-Pottie/cooler/aft cooler swing-back seat all replaced; boat decked in ShipsDek.
- 2020 custom top (total work of art) added w/9 rocket launchers, fore/aft spreader lights, and a cobia spotting station up top w/rodholders.
- Electronics: 9” Lowrance Gen2 Touch MFD w/StructureScan and Airmar TM260 1-kW transducer, 3G Broadband radar, SiriusXM, Si-Tex autopilot, Standard Horizon VHF w/integrated GPS/DSC, ScanStrut cell phone holder/wireless charger, USB ports, Siren remote monitoring w/geofencing/bilge high water/battery alarms, Fusion Apollo stereo w/ 4x Bose 151 speakers, Jensen amp and subwoofer (potent enough to be dangerous).
- Teak Isle tackle station w/5x tackleboxes and 2x drawers.
- Tandem axel trailer, tires/brakes replaced 2000, winch replaced 2019.
The Good: This hull is the smoothest you’ll find for the size, and going full-tilt into a three- to four-foot head sea is not a problem. Engines and boat have been well maintained and engines meticulously flushed after each and every trip; boat gets 3.0 – 3.5 MPG at cruise. Far more deck space than most 22’ boats; lots of elbow room w/four anglers, five is no prob, six is doable though cramped. Fishboxes are utterly massive.
The Bad: It has a snappy roll when drifting in a beam sea of two feet or more. Slaps some when idling (not when running) into a big head sea. Cruising speed is only 22 - 24 mph. Trailer has dented fender.
Here are a couple of shots of the motors with the cowls removed during the 2019 refit. While they were at Pasadena Boatworks they were given a complete 1000 hour service (all the usual 100 hour stuff plus high-pressure fuel filter/breather-hose/fuel lines replacement and additional inspections).
Asking Price: $35,500 and no I have not erased the GPS waypoints.. yet!
Email [email protected] for more information.
If you want to see the boat in use in sloppy seas with four people aboard, this video was shot aboard the it last year.